The congress will be held on Monday 29 at the Spring Hotel Bitácora starting at 11:00. and it can be followed live through the streaming platform
The role of women has changed in our society and also in surfing. And, a showcase in which this change can be endorsed will be the Surfest Las Américas Pro, which within the Iberdrola Surfing Day 2021 will hold the 1st Conference on Women, Sustainability and Surfing .
This congress includes the initiative launched in the previous edition of Iberdrola Surfing Day. There, different athletes analyzed the role of women in surfing and its professionalization. On that first day of coordination, the foundations were laid for what will be discussed at this I Congress on Women, Sustainability and Surfing.
The congress, which can be followed live Through the streaming platform enabled from the official page www.surfing.es, it is part of the multiple activities that will take place during the event.
The Spring Hotel Bitácora will be the space where, starting at 11:00 a.m. In the morning this initiative will be developed, which will include important representatives of the sector who will speak around two discussion tables on the role of women and sustainability in this sport.
- Miguel Villarroya, General Manager of Spring Hotels
- Carlos García, President of the Spanish Surfing Federation
- Iberdrola Territorial Delegate
- Laura Castro, Director of Tenerife Tourism
- Jose Alberto Delgado, Sports Councilor of the Arona City Council
< br> As debates at Table 1 “Woman surfer: advances and challenges of the sport” will speak:
- Antonella Aliotti, Councilor of the Arona Town Hall
- África Álvarez, Director General IINS (International Institute of Excellence and Sports Certifications), on behalf of the FES.
- Cynthia Zaix, Project Director of the Youth Sports Foundation of the Higher Sports Council
- Lucia Martiño, competitive athlete (representing Iberdrola)
And, in Table 2 “Take care of your waves: surfing and sustainability” the following will participate:
- Nacho García, responsible for the environment area (representing the FES)
- Garazi Sánchez, competitive athlete
- Sigfrid Rovira, co-founder of the Turtl Project
-Sofía Dias, brand manager of Lightning Bolt
The registrations to participate in the most important surfing event by and for women must be made through HERE
The activities already closed are the following and the event's hastag will be #iberdrolasurfingday: